Friday, February 20, 2009

Game Play 3: My Entrepreneurship Career

After the Apprentice, my new challenge now is the Entrepreneurship level. I was already successful in attracting 500 visitors, but I still need to work on with my park value. I am pressured on how to achieve this. I already added some rides and stalls. In fact, I increased the ride fees to earn more, but still there's so much work to be done. I think I need to spend more time than two hours. On the other hand, I also read some guidelines on how to post my game pictures in my blog. I could never find the icon on posting pictures (which is usually under the title box). I downloaded Picasa 3; then, click "BlogThis!". Finally, I made it! However, please see "Game Play 3: Game Pictures" because I do not know how to insert them in this particular blog account.

Gee's identity concepts are also realized in my game RCT 3. The amusement park businessman (virtual character), me (real-person - "me" as businessman), and projective identity (me "as" businessman). There is a sense of ownership. I discovered new ways and values - that in the game, one has to consider even little things. For instance, I only focused on having more rides. I forgot that toilets, information booth, A.T.M. machines, garbage cans, and food stalls are very important elements. These are like basic necessities. In life, I should learn on how to pay attention to little things. In my experience, I usually forget my slippers. I should always include this in my checklist.

Malone and Lepper's intrinsic motivational learning elements are also present in this game. The challenge is to attract 500 visitors and achieve the minimum park value. I am also curious on how people run this kind of business (especially me who is not good in numbers and budgeting). I am also in control of the game. However, I should also be consistent of the objectives of the game. With this fantasy experience, I experienced as if I were really the owner of this amusement park. With this kind of game, learners could have some idea on how to run a business.

1 comment:

  1. Great comments on the relationships of the identities in your game...I especially appreciate the notions of "ownership" you feel.

    ReplyDelete