Friday, February 6, 2009

First Gameplay: Help!

My first hour of the game - I was lucky that Matt was there to help. He gave me some basic tutorials on how to go about the game. He helped me in the downloading and led me to the buttons that I need to familiarize and master. When Matt was already out, I explored the game all by myself. I did not read the manual anymore because I was super excited! I read the tutorial and instructions though over and over again. I did the zooming many times by using pageup and pagedown keys. I felt like a child - so happy with every achievement I take even just pressing the buttons :-) . I was confused at some of the functions of the game interface. I want to put water in the pool but it did not work. I want to put more beautification in my amusement park but some features did not allow me to do so. I will just explore more next time.

The second hour - Just like what Matt mentioned in his blog, the beginning part in the career mode was pretty simple since all I need to do is beautify my place, hire workers, and attract people to take rides. At first, I did not understand the things (which were scenarios) indicated every time I play. I realized that these were tasks which I need to accomplish. I never knew that until 30 minutes. Then, as I kept on playing, I realized that there were a lot of things to be done. I was the manager, budget officer, HRD officer, etc. It is multiple-tasking! I ended up bankrupt. The figures made me dizzy. But at the end, I enjoyed playing the game. There is much to be done, discovered and explored to this game. I should be patient and creative too!

Gee mentioned about mastery. Gee argues that "the mastery a gamer gains in a given semiotic domain can prepare them for future learning and problem solving in the domain or even quite possibly related domains." This game is good for people who would like to manage their own business. This serves as a simulation game where one has to take a role. One is challenged to the real business world! It's like experiencing the real world through immersing oneself to the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment