Saturday, January 31, 2009

My newly found career - playing Roller Coaster Tycoon


Matt Kennedy is my partner in my journey to play a video game in this semester. I am a neophyte in this newly found career, playing video games every week. I hope and pray that my partner will have patience in teaching me how to go about these things. I would consider this as a very challenging task. Honestly, I am not into this kind of pastime. However, this would also help me to understand the world my students. They love these games so much! When I come back, I will surely sound so strange to them. They were even surprised that I have an account in Facebook. Students perceive teachers only for lesson planning, reading books, researching and making paper, and “geek” stuffs. They just don’t have any idea at all :-) On the other hand, it’s also good to explore and experience their own world.


The game that we consider is Roller Coaster Tycoon. Personally, I am afraid of heights :-) Playing this game might help in conquering my fear as well. Also, this is good for managerial skills. As a manager, one should consider some strategies on attracting people and in being resourceful to available resources in order to earn profit in business. Just like a teacher, classroom management is important in learning. One is challenged on how to make the classroom conducive for learning. Learning should be fun and exciting! Thus, management skills are crucial to attain academic success. At this moment, I just want to familiarize myself on clicking the right button in making and beautifying my amusement park, …….. and to enjoy this new experience.


2 comments:

  1. What a fun thing to do for the first time! You picked a good game and a good partner...remember you don't need to worry about keeping up with each other...that's not as important as just having someone to swap ideas with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Professor! I still need to learn a lot :-) It's fun!

    ReplyDelete